Sunday 28 October 2012

funky turn ups

I made these purple jersey trousers ages ago with plenty of room in the bum but Grace shot up and they were suddenly and inch too short. I've been thinking of how best to lengthen them. I've got lots of the jersey left but fudging and extra piece on the bottom was never going to look pretty. Then I had a sudden flash of inspiration and remembered the lovely purple material I bought on holiday.

I hate hemming jersey, it always ends up bulky and doesn't hang well, so when I originally made these I just stitched a ruffle round the bottom and didn't bother to hem them. The ruffle was falling off so it wasn't much trouble to remove and add the cute turn ups. I love the way makes them into bell bottoms! It was a nice quick fix that hopefully has given them a few months extra wear.

No comments: