Friday, 11 July 2014

carried away

It was so easy to make the peasant dress that I made a top too. Another upcyled job from a pillow case and scraps from my stash. The pillow case wasn't quite wide enough so I cut the front and back pieces and added a panel. I had fun going through my stash for the right combination of fabrics.

To make it look a bit different from the dress I made puffed sleeves rather than gathered. Grace found some buttons in my bag of spares and wanted them on the dress, in fact she wanted them on the front and sleeves but it looked a bit over the top. 

I used my favourite flat fell seam to add the panels in the front and back and for the side seams. So far no pics of her in it yet, I may have to add those extra buttons.

1 comment:

Ellie and Hope said...

Nic you are incredible ... Hope is going to be so deprived by comparison to Grace!!! I was proud of the wonky hairband I made her but that pales to absolutly nothing by comparison ... I need lessons!!!