Sunday, 16 December 2012

mark two

I've been thinking about the bookmarks I made earlier. Mark suggested covering the stitching and thought I had missed a trick by not using eyelets.

I made a few new bookmarks and this time paid attention to the size so I could easily stick a piece of card on the back once I'd sewed the material on. I was a bit dubious about sticking two pieces of card together, it wouldn't look good if they pealed apart. I decided on PVA glue and smeared it out with my finger so I didn't get any gloopy bits squishing out the side. A few hours under a heavy pile of books and they were great. Much more sturdy than my first few where the card stock was a bit thin.

I think the coloured eyelets really finish them off nicely. In fact I liked the them so much I did the same to the earlier batch.

1 comment:

The Sewing Dork said...

Those are gorgeous! I love the rivets; they look more professional than the ones I made.